U7 Goals and Objectives
U7 (Age 6-7):
1. Mastery of age appropriate technical skills
A. By the end of U7 – Players will demonstrate the following skills:
1. The following dribbling skills:
o Speed dribble with appropriate technique, while changing speed and directions
o Execute right and left roll overs, pull backs, and forward roll overs
o While both box dribbling and speed dribbling, execute the following moves:
§ Inside turn, outside turn, Koyve turn, stop and go
o Introduce moves such as stab steps, step overs, and scissor moves
o Execute the following using both feet and one foot:
§ Outside, inside, both feet, inside/outside, Etc.
2. The following kicking skills:
o Shoot and pass the ball with proper technique including the following:
§ On the ground and in the air
§ Left foot and right foot
§ Inside and Laces
§ In practice and game situations
§ Pacing, accuracy, and power
§ Both stationary and moving
§ Both two touch and one touch
3. The following control skills:
o Properly trap and control the ball with the following:
§ Inside and laces
§ Stationary and moving
§ Introduce ball control with other body parts; including: Chest, thigh, head, etc.
2. Mastery of age appropriate space/positions:
A. By the end of U7 – kids demonstrate the following space mastery:
· Maintain proper space on the field
· Use technical skills to move away from pressure
· Introduce various space concepts, including:
o Wall pass, give and go, overlaps, etc.
· Introduce idea of marking space not players
B. By the end of U7 – kids demonstrate the following positional mastery:
· Ability to maintain positions in more complicated formations, such as central and flank positions – as well as Forward, Mid-Field, and Defense
· Ability to understand the roles and responsibilities of various positions on the field
· Introduce the inter-workings of team formation concepts, including:
o Support, first defender seconds defender, crossing, etc.
3. Mastery of age appropriate passing
A. By the end of U7 – kids will demonstrate mastery of the following passing skills and concepts:
· Ability to pass the ball, both in the air and on the ground to teammates in game scenarios.
· Ability to use the pass to advance the ball down the field in game scenarios
· Ability to pass the ball to score
This article has 0 comments.